Are you the next, best B2B designer? I might hire you.
After three years, my friend and colleague Keith is leaving our Softchoice team to pursue the next step in his career.
While this is bittersweet news, as his manager, I support him. Our purpose as a company is to unleash the potential in our people and customers. And while he wasn’t planning a departure, nor was it wasn’t an easy decision for him to leave (seriously – ask him) Keith is continuing his journey of personal growth and development in a new industry. And because of that, I’m happy for him.
While his departure will be felt, it also gives our team the opportunity to find the next, best B2B designer, working out of our Toronto HQ!
Are you a designer looking to unleash your career in a large company that feels like a startup? Read on!
In 1973, Thomas Watson Jr., the recently retired CEO of IBM, told a group of Wharton students that “good design is good business.” To many people back then, and for many people still today, professional designers play a marginal role in growing a business, and building a brand.
You know better, don’t you? You know there’s much more to design that making stuff look better. You feel in your bones it’s a crucial tool in the modern business innovation toolkit.
Fortunately, Softchoice agrees with you. We’ve always believed in the power that good design has in creating meaningful, profitable connections with our brand. And we’re hiring our next, best designer to help us achieve our vision of being a world-class B2B marketer.
As our Corporate Designer, you’ll create and execute and broad range of deliverables – everything from marketing slicks and websites, to high-impact videos viewed by customers, and everyone at Softchoice. Based out of our Toronto HQ, and working closely with stakeholders across the business, the Designer is responsible for the following:
- Being a brand champion. It’s your job to ensure a consistent application of our brand across a variety of media – print, digital, video and social.
- Synthesizing business data into visual design. You make complex data look elegant and simple Infographics and PowerPoint slides
- Visual Design expertise. You demonstrate strength in the areas of videography, photography, motion graphics, typography, and print design.
- Cross-disciplined learner. You have the ability to learn quickly, and handle multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced high-technology business environment.
- Marketing prowess. You have a good familiarity with a broad set of marketing strategies and tactics. You know what good content marketing looks like (and you actually read and QA what you’re designing, too!)
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- 3-5 years working at an agency or within a corporate marketing department
- Strong portfolio demonstrating design solving communication/business challenges
- University Degree or College diploma in Design/Visual Communication
- Very strong typography, photography and videography skills
- Working knowledge of a pre-press environment, including printing techniques, color theory, color separations, and die lines
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustration, InDesign)
- Expertise with Final Cut Pro, and or Adobe Premiere
- Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities: PowerPoint skills are a must
- HTML programming expertise a bonus
- Strong attention to detail
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are 11 reasons why folks love working here!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer daysper year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a varietyof industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our dog-friendly environment (85 canine employees and growing…)
- We have an onsite gym in our Toronto HQ
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launchevent (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- Employees have access to a green commutesubsidy
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
Still here? Great! Please apply for the role today!