Now hiring! Database Marketing Lead @ Softchoice
My team is hiring again! We’re adding a Database Marketing Lead to our Corporate Marketing team in Toronto. This is an awesome opportunity for someone who loves data, loves being a digital marketer – and wants to unleash their potential at one of the best workplaces on the planet.
Marketing is just as much science as it is art. That’s why today’s organizations place a premium on creativity and technology to engage new prospects and deliver qualified leads.
To realize our vision of being a world-class B2B marketer, we’re hiring a Database Marketing Lead to help us drive the best quality leads for sales. The primary reason this role exists is to maximize every drop of value from the customer data we collect (and sometimes buy). This data informs our marketing campaign strategies, and most importantly, ensures we only market to customers who truly benefit from our marketing messages.
Based out of our Toronto HQ, and working closely with our Sales, Marketing, and IT teams, the Database Marketing Lead is responsible for the following:
- Customer segmentation: Identifying high-value segments and applying these insights to maximize the process of engaging prospects and existing clients alike.
- Marketing List generation: Leveraging our CRM and BI systems to create highly targeted marketing lists based on business user requirements and purchase history.
- Data integrity and quality assurance: Increasing the quality and accuracy of client data to enhance marketing engagements and also the lead hand-off process.
- Data augmentation: Planning and implementing data collection programs to improve our ability to market to customers.
- Data analytics: Analyzing & identifying patterns within customer behavior and/or business performance data to improve our targeting capabilities.
- Systems and process: Working with stakeholders, especially IT and our CRM team, to inform and drive system improvements to increase marketing efficiency.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Gets marketing technology: you have intimate experience using platforms like Eloqua, Marketo, SalesFusion and also CRM platforms like Microsoft Dynamics and SalesForce.
- Absolutely loves data: gathering, tracking, analyzing and reporting on the metrics that drive marketing is your happy place. You go to sleep dreaming of Pivot tables and vLookups.
- Is a natural problem solver: you’re always finding news ways to improve efficiency and make life better for people.
- Has incredible people skills: you love working with people as much as you love working with data technology.
As our ideal candidate you’ll also have:
- 3+ years working in a data-intensive role, ideally at an agency or within a corporate marketing department
- Advanced knowledge of CRM platforms like MS Dynamics and Salesforce.com
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (experience with SPSS or other data analytical tools a plus)
- Experience with database marketing, data validation and database query logic
- Strong understanding of SQL, and relational data model concepts
- A firm grasp of the modern marketing funnel. You know what MQLs, SALs, and SQLs are!
- A track record using analytics to turn data into meaningful and actionable business insights
- Proven track record as an influencer, collaborator and working closely with senior leaders
- A university degree, preferably in marketing or business administration
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are 11 reasons why folks love working here!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our dog-friendly environment (85 canine employees and growing…)
- We have an onsite gym in our Toronto HQ
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.