Now hiring: B2B Digital Marketing Lead at Softchoice
My team is hiring! We’re adding a B2B Digital Marketing Lead to the Corporate Marketing team in Toronto. This is an awesome opportunity for someone looking to grow their career as a digital marketer. If you, or someone you know, is looking to unleash their potential at one of the best workplaces on the planet, read on!
Reliable sources estimate people consume nearly 1,000 marketing messages per day. That feels about right, when you consider it’s nearly impossible to check your email, watch a video, or read a tweet without seeing a marketing offer. For a select few – maybe you – this scenario is an opportunity – not a barrier. You believe you were put on this Earth to combine great strategy with great marketing and create content that breaks through. Your content helps people be more successful in their jobs – and drives honest to goodness leads for sales.
Now – how does the idea of creating B2B digital marketing content that clients feel is so helpful, they’d consider paying for it? That’s how good Softchoice wants to be, and as our next B2B Digital Marketing Lead, you’ll help us realize this vision.
Every day, Softchoice helps clients choose the right technology solutions to drive their business outcomes. As a B2B Digital Marketing Lead at Softchoice, you’ll be one of our digital storytellers. You’re also responsible for creating marketing qualified leads for these solutions through great IT B2B marketing. Our team functions as an internal agency, serving our internal and external partners to build effective marketing campaigns eventually resulting in sales for some of our top vendor partners like Adobe, Apple, Box, Cisco, Lenovo, Microsoft and VMware.
Sometimes, that means designing and executing large, integrated campaigns that include a variety of nurturing tactics. Other times, you’re creating smaller one-off campaigns including targeted emails and highly-optimized landing pages. In both scenarios, through value-add content, you’re leading clients to the conclusion Softchoice is the right place to spend their IT budget.
You’ll know you’re successful in this role when the marketing content you create engages and attracts existing and new clients to Softchoice. You’ll know you’re really successful in the role when our product marketing and sales folks knock down your door, demanding you do more great work!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a strong, established professional brand (Note: We’ll be Googling you!)
- Knows what MQLs, SQLs and SALs are – and why they’re important
- Has proven experience designing and executing strategic, well-thought out demand-generation and integrated marketing campaigns for niche buying audiences (Hint: we’re in B2B IT)
- Has a great sense of humour (and knows how to use it)
- Thrives in a team environment (Read: lone wolves need not apply)
- Agility and grit are a big part of your character
Some of the more formal job responsibilities:
- Marketing acumen: You’ve got a strong command of digital marketing tactics including email, SEM, virtual events, direct, social and content-based marketing strategies and tactics
- Project Management: You have ultimate accountability of your campaign execution and results
- Creative brief: You begin every major activity defining the scope of work, and requirements are outlined and align to Softchoice best practices
- Testing: You love to try new marketing ideas, and know how to bake in enough time for things like A/B testing emails and landing pages
- Editorial and Writing: You write awesome marketing content like ebooks, webinars, emails, landing pages, tweets, etc.
- Buyer personas: For all major campaign activities, you drive the creation of buyer personas, and create content that delivers on what they want and need
- Performance reporting: You’ll drive standard and ad hoc reporting of program performance, and run post-mortems that facilitate best-practice sharing
- Softchoice brand governance: Maintain and promote appropriate applications and usage of the Softchoice brand across all the work you do
As our ideal candidate, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor Degree or College Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in an agency or client-side marketing department
- Solid SEO/SEM skills – LinkedIn/Adwords/Remarketing case studies to your name
- Personally developed the strategy and executed campaigns with a strong social media component that delivered solid, qualified leads to sales
- Hands-on experience writing and editing across a range of formats
- Experience managing an external bench of writing, design and development resources
- Knowledge or experience within the IT industry is a definite nice to have
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are 11 reasons why folks love working here!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We’ve raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- Our dog-friendly environment (85 canine employees and growing…)
- We have an onsite gym in our Toronto HQ
- Our monthly beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,350 of us under one roof – it’s epic!)
- Employees have access to a green commute subsidy
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
Softchoice is one of the largest IT solutions and Managed Services providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
To apply, click here!